Thursday, July 14, 2011

LFC : Why we badly need a winger

Liverpool 4 Guandong SC 3. It wasn't pretty considering this is their first game during the pre-season. Goals came from Poulsen, Ngog, Conor Coady and Andy Carroll. It was good to see debutant, Charlie Adam as well. 
The bos, Kenny Dalglish was happy with the boys, considering it's a pre-season training and they are playing in a difficult conditions. I was happy to see Aquilani and Adam in the middle of the park. Adam showed glimpses of what he can do and I can see why he is sought after by the gaffer.

After the final whistle blown, I convincingly felt that Liverpool badly need a wide player. With Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez to spearhead Liverpool's attack next season there is not much problem for them to receive the ball from the center. With players like Gerrard, Aquilani, Adam, Henderson, Jonjo Shelvey, LFC certainly have more than enough.

But they can be more dangerous if the supply can come from the wide areas. It was evidently shown against Guandong SC last night. If only LFC have natural wingers, I can say they would have won by a bigger margin.

We've seen what Adam can do with the ball. In some condition, he will be able to send the ball wide and these wingers will then deliver a killer ball to the main strikers. Thank god that when I woke up I got to know that LFC has agreed on a fee for Downing. This is indeed good news !

Now I just can't wait to watch the lads play against my countrymen. I'm sure we - the Malaysian Tigers will give Liverpool FC a tough time. Yes I am a Liverpool FC fan, but cum saturday I will shout for Malaysia :)
Word to the LFC players, just watch out our no. 9 and captain who is wearing the no. 8 jersy !

Until next time ... YNWA !!

No comments: