Monday, February 13, 2012

Man Utd v Liverpool - there was no football

For the 1st time since I started blogging, I really had problems on what to write after Liverpool lost to Manchester United last weekend. I think there was nothing much to write about the game because there wasn't any. Despite that Manchester United won, it didn't really showed that the boys from Liverpool really wanted to play except for the last 10 minutes.

All talks were focused towards Suarez-Evra prior to the game. And somehow it has affected the boys including Kenny Dalglish. Kenny did say that Suarez will shake Evra's hand before the kick-off but that didn't materialized. Hence that was actually the reason on why Liverpool didn't really turn-up for the game. 

I honestly believed that Suarez's action somehow had affected his teammates. Whether they knew Suarez's intentions is something that only they know but from the way they played, it tells me that they were not happy with that. 

I won't say what Suarez did (not shaking Evra's hand) was right but I will say Evra didn't show his sportsmanship either. He may feel injustice but that did not give him the right to do what he did.

Later after the game Kenny had an outburst when he was interviewed. Knowing Kenny always being cunning with the press I was taken aback by his reaction when he was quizzed about Suarez's actions. 

I reckon that Kenny realized that he was not representing Liverpool Football Club as he should have. I also believed that he had a chat with Suarez about this and not long after that Suarez made a public apology for his actions. Which was the right thing to do. 

Suarez and Kenny both made a mistake. But they are just human and mistakes are bound to happen. The good thing about it both of them made a public apology and I do hope they just concentrate on the football and finish strong. 

The 5th round of the FA Cup fixture and the Carling Cup is just around the corner. Liverpool FC should start to concentrate on the football and forget all the bad stuffs that has happened. I was not so happy on their actions (both Suarez & Kenny) but I'm so proud when both of them can come out and admit their mistakes. 


No comments: