Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LFC : Lucas 'General' Leiva

" Why oh why .. Lucas is playing !"
" I don't understand why Rafa is so in love with Lucas .. "
" Oh no ! Lucas starts !! We're gonna lose again ! ... "
Those were the unhappy chants from friends of mine and also Liverpool fans two years ago. I keep on telling them Lucas is a good player. He is still young and he was still learning.

I don't know why I never agreed with my mates regarding Lucas. I guess I must have seen something 'special' in him. It is not because he's Brazilian. And he's not like any other Brazilian with their silky skills on the ball, mazy dribbles and fancy footwork. I see a young hard-working lad who continues to work hard and play honestly even though things were not going smooth for him.

I knew if chances and patience were mixed together we would somehow see something good. Yes, chances were given to Lucas. And the managers were patient with him. They also had faith. Benitez, Hodgson and Kenny. All of them somehow had a hand developing Lucas into a player that he is today.

Even after Lucas had been recognized there are some people who will come up with their argument. Lucas may be the best player for Liverpool FC this season because there was no Gerrard, there's certainly no other players like the departed Macherano or Xabi Alonso. Lucas is playing in a mediocre team. The list will go on.

I still believe Lucas has more to give. If he can improve further in two years time I can see Lucas as one of the best players of his generation. Better still, he might be voted as the best player in the planet. Well if that were to happen, all LFC fans should still hope that Lucas is still with us.

There's nothing much to say about him because he is just brilliant! I'd predict he'll become more prominent under the tutelage of King Kenny. In the meantime, congratulations to Lucas Leiva for becoming Liverpool Football Club's player of the season. YNWA

No comments: