Monday, September 24, 2012

Keep the faith

After my last post, I chose to update my blog after the 'big clash' against Manchester United. It all went well for Liverpool from the very beginning. Fans from both sides were in an excellent behavior and the same goes to Suarez and Evra. 

I don't really want to dwell much on the outcome of the report from the Hillsborough Independent Panel as we all are aware about the truth right now.

Tremendous effort from the man in Reds where Manchester United was outplayed for the most of the 90 minutes, and yet we still came out as losers. The weird thing is, I am not feeling worried at all. I don't think we need to push the 'red' button yet. 

I was quite skeptical about Rodgers in the very beginning. But now I am more even convinced that he is the right man for the job. No disrespect to King Kenny, which did an excellent job last season and the season before last, but we are talking about a long term project. If he gets the best ever support from the owners and if the owners stick to their words, we will see a strong, challenging Liverpool team in the next couple of seasons. 

Going back to the Manchester game, Liverpool only got a grip of the game after about 10 or 15 minutes of play. Obviously the 'young' players in the team had a jittery start. Sterling & Shelvey looked nervous but once they've composed themselves United chased the ball a lot more. 

Gerrard started at Lucas's position where Allen and Shelvey are in a more advanced position. The captain had one of his best games (we are only in our 5th league game) and I can sense that we'll see better performances from him in the coming months. 

Nothing much can be said about the result. We lost but we were never beaten. 

Like I've said in my earlier posts, we can forget about finishing 4th this season. We might not get 4th next season too. But with the way that Rodgers wants the team to play I can see a 'scary' Liverpool in 3 years time. Players like Sterling, Suso, Joe Allen, Kelly, Shelvey, these players will be our future. 

Shelvey in particular, he reminds me of the young Gerrard. Never afraid of going into tackles ~ though it could be reckless at times. He will have to learn as how Gerrard did in his early days. Young Shelvey might turn out to be our future captain too! 

It's going to be tough. With no genuine goal scorer until January Rodgers have to dig deep. But it might be a blessing in disguise too. At the start of the season we saw Sterling, at 17, I think he is a regular. In Liverpool's last 2 games we saw Wisdom and Suso. We might even see Morgan (as Borini is out with injury) more regularly. 

This will be an exciting time for Liverpool. Yes they are young players, but they do have talent. What they need is some experience. 

5 games and we only have 2 points. It looks bad and we can't deny this. I am convinced though that we can finish higher than last season if the boys keep on playing the same way. Have faith! 

YNWA

No comments: